Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Genesis, according to R. Crumb

On his official site, R. Crumb announced the completion of "Robert Crumb's Book of Genesis"-
...It's 201 pages. He has also finished the Cover, the Introduction, the commentary (for the back sleeve) and also the Map, which will be in the beginning of the book. The book is soon going to production and it's planned to be released this fall.
He spoke about the project to Robert Hughes in a 2005 interview.

CRUMB: I was fooling around with Adam and Eve one day. Doodling about Adam and Eve. At first I did this satirical take off on Adam and Eve — lots of jokey asides and Jewish slang because they're Jewish right? God is Jewish.

HUGHES: Now you're going to get it for anti-Semitism.

CRUMB: Finally I got over fooling around and I realized I just had to tell it straight.

via

1 comment:

MinerMajor said...

Eve Crumb style. Awesome!

I've heard he kept it brutally accurate to the KJV Bible. A lot of Christians are mad about depicting the bible accurately. Hypocrites . I can't wait to get my copy.