Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Happy Birthday, Jack!

My all-time favorite Kirby cover, Kamandi #10 (October 1973):


Another favorite... it's so weird... Strange Tales #143 (April 1966):
[Don't mind the polybag glare!]


The following are Kirby images that I swiped from other sites so long ago that I can't properly credit them. Sorry.


This next image is the original rear cover artwork for the Fantastic Four Treasury - I swiped this one from www.romitaman.com, I think...


Pre-order the definitive Kirby biography now!
Kirby: King of Comics here

and if you have some more dough to blow, check out original (Kirby) comic art at Romita Man here

Kamandi here

Don't forget to check out the groovy links in Jashar's post below!

1 comment:

Isaac said...

I think that issue of Kamandi was my favorite single issue of any comic when I was growing up. Or it was a close second to the "Battle of the Id" issue of Mr. Miracle.